Til jouw bedrijfsstrategie naar een hoger niveau met gedreven.be en dit Engelstalig boek rond strategie-implementatie
Leaders of most firms today are painfully aware of how difficult it is to execute strategies effectively in their organizations. Industry research has well documented this reality, with the success needle barely moving over the past 20 years. Our intent in this book is to merge ‘agile concepts’ with strategy execution ‘Best Practices’ resulting in an easy to understand set of principles and techniques, organized in a meaningful, practical and quickly deployable Agile Strategy Execution Framework. This framework is presented through the eyes of organizations where it has been successfully used to drive improvements in how strategy gets executed. We expect this book to help leaders and strategy practitioners revolutionize their business models by becoming more agile in an aligned, accountable and responsive way.
Our Agile Strategy Execution Framework is composed of six Dimensions and two Influencing Factors, which can be summarized as follows:
• Dimension #1: Detailed Plans and Metrics involves incorporating a systematic and disciplined approach that focuses on translating breakthrough organizational goals, objectives and strategies into specific functional area, team and individual plans and their associated metrics.
• Dimension #2: Align and Link means ensuring that strategic goals are aligned and linked to projects, programs, run-the-business activities and process improvement efforts both vertically and cross-functionally driving progress/actions at all organization levels.
• Dimension #3: Real-Time Updates involves institutionalizing a transparent Single Source of Truth online for all plan collaboration, engagement and reporting and then driving real-time plan updates based on day to day triggers, ensuring properly prioritized & scheduled work.
• Dimension #4: Cadence Decisions means ensuring proactive real-time resourcing, course correcting solution and backlog management decision-making processes.
• Dimension #5: Innovation Bets involves identifying and executing small opportunities to study, pilot or test new innovations that reflect current market conditions, new technology or other advances.
• Dimension #6: Refresh or Transform means formally reassessing core business assumptions, updating strategic plans and tactics, reviewing priorities, linkages and alignment and then pivoting as needed.
• Influencing Factor #1: The Culture Impacts Influencing Factor involves assessing formal vs. informal, and preached vs. practiced corporate culture. Leaders can then either use their culture as an enabling driver for managing change or if needed initiate processes to drive needed culture change.
• Influencing Factor #2: The Connected Governance Influencing Factor involves using leading edge digitization experiences to link leadership practices, employee engagement mechanisms and collaboration processes.
Also shared are the details of an Agile Strategy Execution Maturity Model that can be used to help organizations assess their own progress in executing strategy with more agility on an evolving scale and ascertain where they would like to be in the future. The Agile Strategy Execution Framework can then be used to target improvement areas and provide guideposts and methods as to how to move up the agile strategy execution maturity curve. Also in the Appendix are a select number of techniques and templates that the authors have found useful to help jumpstart improvement efforts.
In conclusion, what makes strategy execution agile is an ecosystem focused on alignment (both functional and cross-functional), accountability (through data-driven with team and individual buy-in and ownership) and responsiveness (to changing internal and external landscapes). In this way strategies and tactics can be continuously adapted, pivoted and realigned to meet execution performance expectations in an agile way.
Voor de ondernemer verloopt de weg naar succes vaak mat vallen en opstaan. Maar hoeveel kan je als mens dan aan? En hoe vaak kan je terugveren na een tegenslag?
Met onze 7 tips sta je sterker in je schoenen.